Friday, March 26, 2010

The fund raising experience........

Thought I would let you all know a bit about my fundraising experience. Why? Well, ever since I started down this route so many people have said "it's such hard work" and "it's such a thankless task". So I thought I'd set the record straight, at least from my point of view anyway.


Yes it is hard work however, I have been amazed at peoples kindness and generousity of both the people I have met on the street and the companies I have dealt with. I've really enjoyed meeting folk, some of whom I really didn't think would be interested and speaking to so many people with great tips, advice and stories of their own adventures. It really has been a great experience.

I'd especially like to thank Phil at 'Running Form' Pete at 'New Balance' David at DJ and Ward and of course a big thank you to the continuing support from the people of Burton and surrounding areas! Please keep supporting and donating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I’ve never been one to turn down the chance for adventure, the biggest and most rewarding one so far was starting a family with my (very understanding) wife! We have three kids, George, Gracie and Evie. All of whom put me to shame with their energy and enthusiasm! I've always preferred the chill of the mountains, either climbing up them or snowboarding down them, until I took up running, after a serious on-duty injury, to disprove the ‘shouldn’t, wouldn’t, couldn’t’ attitudes I found many people have. Discovering the fun in exploring places and getting to know them by traveling through them on foot has got me into some interesting events in the past; multi-day mountain marathons and ultras, long distance paths and national trail traverses, 84 miles of Hadrian’s Wall, Welsh 3000 and completing the MDS in 2010. Next up Beacons Ultra and a return to the MDS.

Followers