Friday, March 26, 2010

It's the final countdown....do,do,doo,do......do,do,do,do,doo.........!

Sh**e, not long now!

For those of you that don't know in T-minus 5 days I'm heading off to the desert to run in the Marathon des Sables. 155 miles of pure torture across the Sahara desert (perparing myself for the worst!!).

Everybody is asking me the same question "Do you think that you are ready?" well, I don't know if anybody would ever feel completely ready for a challenge like this, but I think I've researched and tested my equipment thoroughly and feel fairly happy with my fitness. I have had a couple of injury set backs so I'm not as far along my training plan as I wanted to be, but I have tested myself on a number of other ultras and coped well, so I guess it's a case of 'suck it and see'!

In summary, I'm feeling apprehensive but keen to get out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I’ve never been one to turn down the chance for adventure, the biggest and most rewarding one so far was starting a family with my (very understanding) wife! We have three kids, George, Gracie and Evie. All of whom put me to shame with their energy and enthusiasm! I've always preferred the chill of the mountains, either climbing up them or snowboarding down them, until I took up running, after a serious on-duty injury, to disprove the ‘shouldn’t, wouldn’t, couldn’t’ attitudes I found many people have. Discovering the fun in exploring places and getting to know them by traveling through them on foot has got me into some interesting events in the past; multi-day mountain marathons and ultras, long distance paths and national trail traverses, 84 miles of Hadrian’s Wall, Welsh 3000 and completing the MDS in 2010. Next up Beacons Ultra and a return to the MDS.

Followers