Sunday, March 28, 2010

Run away train!

Hi again, I'm currently sat at the kitchen table drinking a strong coffee and suffering from the effects of lack of sleep due to just finishing my night shift, one hour lost due to the clocks changing and too much to do!
I'm out on the streets again today shaking that collecting bucket and then on for my final night shift before I head out to the Sahara on Thursday. I'm hoping the people on the streets aren't fed up of me yet! The fundraising seems to be picking up speed now, it's beginning to feel a bit like a runaway train! I had a live radio interview the other day. That was an experience. I was on immediately after Gordon Brown (yes, the real G.B. our PM) apparently I'd taken David Camerons spot because he couldn't make it. I like to think he was dropped because what I had to say was more important! A word of advice, if you're invited to do something similar make sure you have a list of what you want to say. Because it was a fairly last minute confirmation, I didn't have this and struggled to get my justgiving page mentioned. Apart from that it was a good interview (I'm told!). I've got another photo shoot on Tuesday for some more local media coverage with some of my corporate sponsors. So that side of things is going well.
Anyway, after tonights shift, thats it I'm done. Just a couple of days to get my bags pack and labelled. I wish I'd had chance to get that done earlier so I had more lea way if I need to alter anything............ah well can't do everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I’ve never been one to turn down the chance for adventure, the biggest and most rewarding one so far was starting a family with my (very understanding) wife! We have three kids, George, Gracie and Evie. All of whom put me to shame with their energy and enthusiasm! I've always preferred the chill of the mountains, either climbing up them or snowboarding down them, until I took up running, after a serious on-duty injury, to disprove the ‘shouldn’t, wouldn’t, couldn’t’ attitudes I found many people have. Discovering the fun in exploring places and getting to know them by traveling through them on foot has got me into some interesting events in the past; multi-day mountain marathons and ultras, long distance paths and national trail traverses, 84 miles of Hadrian’s Wall, Welsh 3000 and completing the MDS in 2010. Next up Beacons Ultra and a return to the MDS.

Followers